"ٌٌقال رسول الله (صلي الله عليه وسلم ) : "أكبر الكبائر : الإشراك بالله ، وعقوق الوالدين ، وشهادة الزور ، وشهادة الزور - ثلاثا - أو : قول الزور . فما زال يكررها حتى قلنا : ليته سكت" . الراوي: أبو بكرة نفيع بن الحارث المحدث: البخاري - المصدر: صحيح البخاري - الصفحة أو الرقم: 6919 خلاصة حكم المحدث: [صحيح] Abu Bakrah Nufai` bin Al-Harith (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: "Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shall I not inform you of the biggest of the major sins?'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) asked this question thrice. We said, "Yes, O Messenger of Allah. (Please inform us.)". He said, "Ascribing partners to Allah, and to be undutiful to your parents". Messenger of Allah (PBUH) sat up from his reclining position and said, "And I warn you against giving forged statement and a false testimony; I warn you against giving forged statement and a false testimony". Messenger of Allah (PBUH) kept on repeating that warning till we wished he would stop" (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) Commentary: 1) This Hadith mentions some of the major and the biggest sins. A major sin is one against which there is a serious warning in the Noble Qur'an and Hadith . Islam gave great importance to parents in the Quran and in The Ahadith of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh).Allah in the Quran collects between His worshipping, the obedience of Allah and the obedience of parents . Also Allah collects between ascribing partners to Allah (shirk), and to be undutiful to your parents .When disobedience to parents is mentioned along with Shirk (polytheism), it makes the fact evident that both of these are very serious sins. Allah (pbth) Recommended the sons and daughters to look after parents and not to make them angry and any one do that Allah will punish him .Let's see what the Quran say : ۞" وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوا إِلَّا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا ۚإِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُلْ لَهُمَا أُفٍّ وَلَا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا" "Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour" "وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُلْ رَبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا" And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood (17/23-24) 2) The prophet of Allah (pbuh) warns us from three greatest sins that cause the anger of Allah (pbth) a) Ascribing partners to Allah, because Allah is one .He has no son ,no partner,no wife .No one equals him or likens Him. b) to be undutiful to your parents because obeying parents is from the obeying of Allah. c) Lying and a false testimony because they can cause a lot of disasters and to show the danger of lying and a false testimony the prophet (pbuh) sat up from his reclining position and repeated it several times .