There are two contradictory answers in the Bible . Every answer contradict completely with the other. And that is something normal in Christianity . Christian mind absorbs and accepts the thing and its opposite .Even can understand Irrational thoughts as long as priests told them that. The examples are numerous in the Bible.
1- The first answer is :- Yes, Christianity is the religion of peace and love and here is the evidence from the Bible :

MAT-5-39 : But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
MAT-5-40 : And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
MAT-5-41 : And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
MAT-5-42 : Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
MAT-5-43 : Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
MAT-5-44 : But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
2- The second contradicted answer is :- Yes, Christianity is the religion of revenge and terror snd here is the evidence from the sameBible :

1- MAT-10-34 : Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
MAT-10-35 : For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
2- EZE-9-5 : And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
EZE-9-6 : Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
EZE-9-7 : And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
3- JER-48-10 : Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
4- ISA-13-16 : Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
ISA-13-17 : Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
ISA-13-18 : Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.
ISA-13-19 : And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
ISA-13-20 : It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.
5- HOS-13-16 : Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
6- NUM-31-17 : Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
NUM-31-18 : But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
NUM-31-19 : And do ye abide without the camp seven days: whosoever hath killed any person, and whosoever hath touched any slain, purify both yourselves and your captives on the third day, and on the seventh day.
NUM-31-20 : And purify all your raiment, and all that is made of skins, and all work of goats' hair, and all things made of wood.
7- Jos 11/ 9And Joshua did unto them as the LORD bade him: he houghed their horses, and burnt their chariots with fire.
Jos 11/10 And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms.
JOS-11-11 : And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire.
JOS-11-12 : And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded.
8- SA1-15-3 : Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass
9- CH1-20-3 : And he brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes. Even so dealt David with all the cities of the children of Ammon. And David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.

Christian Istttsa mind that absorbs and accommodates thing against him and also the absurd
10- Deu 20/16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
*** What cruelty and terrorism is that " Does God orders with killing children and pregnant women, The Crusades were carrying out the instructions of the Bible as well as in Bosnia and Herzegovina . We repeat the Question . Is Christianity the religion of peace and love or the religion of revenge and terror? . I leave the answer to the smart reader ........