Da`wah to Non- & New Muslims

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

النتائج 1 إلى 3 من 3

الموضوع: Da`wah to Non- & New Muslims

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    17-05-2024
    على الساعة
    12:48 AM

افتراضي Da`wah to Non- & New Muslims

Should New Muslims Register Their Conversion?

Dear scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. I am a recent convert to Islam. I was just wondering whether I need any documentation or proof indicating this fact? Jazakum Allah khayran.

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

You are recommended to get a certificate from a reputable Islamic centre or mosque in your city indicating that you are a Muslim.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

Strictly speaking, as far as your salvation in the next world is concerned, there is no need for any documentation, nevertheless, for the purpose of recognition and identification, it is highly recommended that your conversion is documented. In other words, you should obtain a certificate of conversion from a reputable Islamic centre, organization or mosque, which has been registered for this purpose. This procedure is not only expedient and convenient but might also be absolutely necessary for the purposes of pilgrimage, marriage, etc.

Therefore, I advise you to get a certificate from a reputable Islamic centre or mosque in your city indicating that you are a Muslim. It is worth remembering that efficiency and professionalism is recommended in Islam; the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Allah loves everyone to do things as efficiently and professionally as possible.”

I ask Allah to help you remain steadfast in your faith and grant you success in all your righteous
    endeavours, ameen.

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.muslims.ca
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    17-05-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

When Study Leaves No Time for Islamic Activities

Dear scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. I am a medical student, and praise be to Allah, my faith is stronger than ever in Allah. I try to offer the obligatory and supererogatory prayers on time, and strive to read the Qur’an and practice its teachings while following the example of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). The problem is that I don’t have any time to attend dhikr halaqas (gatherings to remember and praise Allah) or any Islamic lectures and activities. I hear there are so many out there and I would love to attend, but my studies demand my full time and focus. Friends have told me that it is haram (impermissible) to put my education before participating in Islamic activities because it means that I love this world more than Allah. Is this true? Am I considered one of those who only work for this life and not the afterlife? Jazakum Allah khayran.
    Answer

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“If you are a medical student specializing in an area of study greatly needed by the community, then certainly you are performing a fard kifayah (a collective duty). Your primary Islamic duty, therefore, after having performed your mandatory religious duties, is to devote yourself to achieving excellence in your chosen field of study. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Allah has enjoined excellence in all things (one does).” and “Allah loves you to do whatever you set out to do as professionally and efficiently as you can.” So give your undivided attention to your studies.

While doing so, however, you should never fail to integrate your work with your spiritual mission in life. For as Muslims we should live to please Allah; a true believer is one whose feet are grounded firmly on the earth while his gaze extends far beyond the confines of the limited existence to the world beyond death. In other words, we look to akhirah (the after life) and meeting our Lord as our final destination and end of our journey. In order to ensure that you never lose your spiritual focus in life, you should devote a few minutes every day to doing things that would enhance the quality of your iman (faith) and thus strengthen your connection with Allah.

As Imam Shah Waliullah has pointed out, since the Shari`ah is based on compassion, it takes into full account the diverse conditions and circumstances of people. Consequently, it does not require everyone to do the same set of rituals as everyone else except, of course, the obligatory duties, so long as they try to integrate a spiritual regimen with their daily activities.

Here is a list of things you can do on a regular basis in order to ensure that you are anchored spiritually:

1) Purify your intention and begin your day’s work by counting Allah’s blessings and asking His forgiveness; and end your day’s work on a similar note.

2) Never be slack in performing your obligatory duties; set aside a definite time for performing them without fail. If, on occasions, because of an urgent call of duty you find yourself unable to pray each of the five daily prayers at its appointed time, then you may combine Zhuhr and `Asr by praying them together either at the time of Zhuhr or that of `Asr. Likewise, Maghrib and `Isha’ can be combined either at the time of Maghrib or of `Isha’. But never do so in ordinary situations or while comfortably sitting home.

3) Read at least a few verses (ten or even five) of the Qur’an every day.

4) Let dhikr (remembrance of Allah) be your constant companion; say words such as the following repeatedly:

Subhan Allah wa bi hamdihi; subhan Allah al-`Azheem (Glory be to Allah, and praise be to Him; glory be to Allah, the Supreme). Subhan Allah, al-hamdulillah, la ilaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, wa la hawla wala quwwata illa billah (Glory be to Allah; praise be to Allah, there is no god but Allah; Allah is Greatest; there is no power or strength except by Allah). Condition yourself to meditate on these words. By consistently practicing dhikr you will find your daily chores being transformed into smooth, fulfilling experiences.

5) Spend much of your driving time listening to beautiful recitations of the Qur’an as well as to inspiring or educational lectures.

6) Read at least one hadith from Imam Nawawi’s Riyadh as-Saliheen every day.

7) Try to be consistent in the things you do, for it is what we do consistently every day—rather than the quantity of our work—that helps shape our character.

8) Remember the important principle: If you cannot do something in its entirety, it does not mean you leave it all together; so try to do at least what you can at the given time and circumstance. Allah is All-Compassionate and All-Merciful; He will surely recognize our intention and efforts.

9) Although you find yourself busy with your work, if you manage your time wisely and efficiently, you will surely find time to integrate the above spiritual regimen into your life. By doing so, you will be leading a fulfilling and purposeful life.

I wish you success in your career and pray to Allah to make you an instrument of goodness. Ameen.”

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.muslims.ca

اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2008
    المشاركات
    الدين
    الإسلام
    الجنس
    أنثى
    آخر نشاط
    17-05-2024
    على الساعة

افتراضي

New Muslims Using Compound Names

Dear scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. Is there a legal objection to carrying a compound name such as "Sara-Kareema" or "Fatima Bhurta", where a new Muslim could keep their original name, e.g., Bhurta while adding a new Islamic name? Jazakum Allah khayran.

Answer

Dear sister, we would like to thank you for your very interesting question as well as the great confidence you place in us. We implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

First of all, it is to be stated that there is nothing in the Islamic sources to indicate that a new Muslim is not allowed to keep his original name unless it carries any meaning contradicting Islam and its beliefs. Since Islam is a universal religion, there is no such requirement. However, it is preferable to carry a new name that signals one's entrance into Islam. Likewise, there is nothing wrong in carrying a compound name, so that one may keep his or her old name with an Islamic name added. The laws regarding name changes vary from country to country, so that one might also choose to keep his or her old name as the legal name, but use the Islamic name among family, friends, and colleagues.

In response to the question you raised, the European Council for Fatwa and Research issued the following Fatwa:

There is no legal objection to carrying a compound name, so that one may keep his or her old name before he/she embraced Islam with an Islamic name added. The ways and tradition of the Arabs was for each person, and particularly those of elite stature, to have a name, surname and nickname. For example: `Abdullah, Abu Bakr, and As-Siddiq (all referring to one person), or `Umar, Abu Hafs, and Al-Faruq (all referring to another person). Islam approved of all these names and agnomens.

Therefore, we find no objection to a person, whether man or woman, carrying two names which he or she is known by, particularly one who embraces Islam and wants to keep his original name, on condition that the name does not carry any meaning that contradicts Islam, such as "`Abdul Masih" for instance. Indeed, one may keep his or her original name without changing it if its meaning does not contradict Islam, as the companions all kept their original names after they embraced Islam, although it is preferable to carry a new name that signals one's entrance into Islam.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) liked the names that carried beautiful meanings, and he (peace and blessings be upon him) disliked the names that carried bad ones. In such cases he would choose a better name for the person, such as the case when he (peace and blessings be upon him) changed the name of a woman from "`Asiyah" (sinner) to "Jamilah" (beautiful).

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) stated: "The best of names are `Abdullah and `Abdur-Rahman, the most truthful of names are Harith and Humam, and the worst of names are Harb and Murra."

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. WHY I ASK PEOPLE TO BECOME MUSLIMS
    بواسطة نعيم الزايدي في المنتدى Following Up With New Muslims
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 20-11-2011, 02:37 PM
  2. Some advocacy sites for new Muslims and non-Muslims
    بواسطة د/مسلمة في المنتدى English Forum
    مشاركات: 1
    آخر مشاركة: 28-03-2010, 01:55 AM
  3. FREE gift for all .. Muslims and Non-Muslims
    بواسطة ABQ في المنتدى English Forum
    مشاركات: 3