A prophet witout miracles

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

مـواقـع شـقــيـقـة
شبكة الفرقان الإسلامية شبكة سبيل الإسلام شبكة كلمة سواء الدعوية منتديات حراس العقيدة
البشارة الإسلامية منتديات طريق الإيمان منتدى التوحيد مكتبة المهتدون
موقع الشيخ احمد ديدات تليفزيون الحقيقة شبكة برسوميات شبكة المسيح كلمة الله
غرفة الحوار الإسلامي المسيحي مكافح الشبهات شبكة الحقيقة الإسلامية موقع بشارة المسيح
شبكة البهائية فى الميزان شبكة الأحمدية فى الميزان مركز براهين شبكة ضد الإلحاد

يرجى عدم تناول موضوعات سياسية حتى لا تتعرض العضوية للحظر

Thread: A prophet witout miracles

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    31-07-2013
    At
    03:47 AM

Default A prophet witout miracles

A PROPHET WITH NO MIRACLES

Among the suspicions that has been aroused to thrust in the prophecy of Muhammad PBUH, they said :
    The Quran denies absolutely for the prophet Mohammad (PBUH) to have any miracle, and to prove it they seized some Quranic verses, and they interpreted them without understanding, they referred to the following verses :
    ¨Naught hindereth Us from sending portents save that the folk of old denied them¨ (The Night Journey:59)
    ¨And they say: Why are not portents sent down upon him from his Lord?¨ (The Spider:50)
    ¨Let him bring us a portent even as those of old (who were God's messengers) were sent (with portents).¨ (The Prophets:05)

¨ And they say: We will not put faith in thee till thou cause a spring to gush forth from the earth for us; (90) Or thou have a garden of date-palms and grapes, and cause rivers to gush forth therein abundantly; (91) Or thou cause the heaven to fall upon us piecemeal, as thou hast pretended, or bring Allah and the angels as a warrant; (92) Or thou have a house of gold; or thou ascend up into heaven, and even then we will put no faith in thine ascension till thou bring down for us a book that we can read. Say (O Muhammad): My Lord be glorified! Am I aught save a mortal messenger? (93)¨ (The Night Journey:90-91- 92-92-94)

And similar verses in wich non-believers asked for a special sign ; and for which the prophet (PBUH) didn’t reply

Answers :

First :

Saying that the quran denies completely for the prophet (PBUH) to have miracles is a huge lie, and a flagrent ignorence, because if we take a glance at The Quran we would find the exact opposite of their claims ; we would find that the quran proves for Mohammad (PBUH) obvious and confuting miracles, confirming that, many arguments extracted from our holy book, the Quran, are to support, including :

1- ¨And they say: Why are not portents sent down upon him from his Lord? Say: Portents are with Allah only, and I am but a plain warner. (50) Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them? Lo! herein verily is mercy, and a reminder for folk who believe.¨ (The Spider):50-51)

In AL-JALALAYN Interpretation: And they, namely, the disbelievers of Makkah, say, ‘Why has not some sign been sent down to him, [to] Muhammad (PBUH), from his Lord?’ Such as the she-camel of Salih, the staff of Moses, or the Table of Jesus. Say, to them: ‘Signs are only with God, and He sends them down as He will, and I am only a plain warner’, making manifest my warning of [the punishment of] the Fire for disobedient people. as we notice from the aya and the explanation that the miracle of Mohammad (PBUH) is the saint quran, the miracle which will last until God begets the universe. Is it not sufficient for them, regarding what they have demanded, that We have revealed to you the Book, the Quran, which is recited to them? — as it constitutes a ongoing sign that will never terminate, in contrast to the signs mentioned. Surely in that book, is mercy and a reminder, an admonition, for people who believe.

2- ¨The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain. (1) And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion.¨ (The Moon:01-02)

In AL-JALALAYN Interpretation : The Hour has drawn near, the Resurrection is close at hand, and the moon has split, it broke in two at [Mount] Abu Qubays and Qu‘ayqa‘an, as a sign for the Prophet (PBUH), for it had been demanded of him, and [when it took place] he said, ‘Bear witness [now]!’ — as reported by the two Shaykhs [al-Bukhar and Muslim]. And if they, the disbelievers among Quraysh, see a sign, a miracle of the Prophet (PBUH), they turn away and say, this is: ‘A powerful -incessant- sorcery!’.

3-¨Glory be to him Who carried His servant by night from the sacred mosque to the Farthest mosque the environ of which We have blessed, that We might show him of our signs ,the marvels of power Lo! He, only He, is the Hearer, the Seer¨ (The Night Journey:01)

In AL-JALALAYN Inerpretation : Glory be to Him — an affirmation of [God’s] transcendence — Who carried His servant, Muhammad (PBUH), by night (through its being indefinite, there is an indication of the brevity of its duration) from the Sacred Mosque, that is, Makkah, to the Farthest Mosque, the Holy House [of Jerusalem], so called because of its distance from the former; the environs of which We have blessed, that We might show him some of Our signs, the marvels of Our power. Indeed He(god almighty) is the Hearing, the Seeing, that is to say, the Knower of the Prophet’s (PBUH) sayings and deeds. Thus He [God] was gracious to him by way of [carrying him on] the night journey, which comprised his encountering the [other] prophets, his ascension to heaven and the sight of the marvels of the [Divine] Realm and His communion, exalted be He, with him. For he [the Prophet] (PBUH) said: ‘I was brought al-Burq, a white animal, larger than a donkey but smaller than a mule; it was able to place its hoof [back] towards its extremity and so I mounted it. It set off carrying me until I reached the Holy House [of Jerusalem]. [There] I fastened the animal to the ring where the prophets fasten [their animals]. I then went in and prayed two units inside it. As I came out, Gabriel came to me with a jug of wine and a jug of milk, and so I chose the milk. Gabriel said [to me], “You have made the right choice [by choosing] the primordial nature (fitra)”.’ He [the Prophet] continued [the narration], ‘We then ascended to the heaven of this world, whereat Gabriel asked to be let in. Someone asked, “Who are you?”. He replied, “Gabriel”, “And who is with you?”, “Muhammad (PBUH)”, he said. “Has he been sent for?”. “Yes, he has been sent for”. Then it was opened for us, and Adam stood before me; he greeted me and prayed for well-being for me. We then ascended to the second heaven and Gabriel asked to be let in. Someone asked, “Who are you?”. He replied, “Gabriel”, “And who is with you?”, “Muhammad (PBUH)”, he said.
    4-¨and it was not to any messenger that he should bring a portent save by Allah's leave¨ (The Thunder:38 ; The Forgiver God:7)

Means : the miracles that god’s messengers have are given to them only with the leave of god, and the quran testifies that Muhammad (PBUH) is a prophet from God almighty ; so he also have miracles of his own, and that is mentionned in many places in the quran including :

A- ¨Muhammad is but a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. Will it be that, when he dieth or is slain, ye will turn back on your heels? He who turneth back on doth no hurt to Allah, and Allah will reward the thankful¨ (The Family of Imran:144)
    B- ¨Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things¨ (The combined Forces:40)
    C- ¨Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves¨ (The Victory:29)

To summarize :
    The quran denotes frankly that Muhammad(PBUH) has miracles, like the quran itself, the Isra and Miraj (the night journey and the sky journey), the splitting of the moon, and denotes also that messangers come with portents including Muhammad(PBUH), thus, their claims are proven false, and their ignorance is then clearly shown…

Second :

The result they deducted from those verses -that is when the disbelievers asked Muhammad (PBUH) for miracles, he didn’t aswer them ; because he just can’t- is a false conclusion; because the disbelievers in those verses asked the prophet (PBUH) for miracles ,sometimes, to stultify him, and sometimes to taunt him, we saw them then asking for such signs ignoring the other miracles that they already had, and everytime they see one of them they say : ¨Prolonged illusion¨ or ¨mere wizard¨….
    And even if those portents were sent down to them, they would have repeated their sayings and askings, and they would never believe him(PBUH), and then God almighty would exterminate them like He has exterminated the disbelieving folks before them, that’s how the fact that those miracles hadn’t happend is a mercy for them so as they won’t get exterminated, because God almighty knew with His ancient and eternal knowledge that they wouldn’t believe, which is clear in the verse :¨And they say: We will not put faith in thee till thou cause a spring to gush forth from the earth for us; (90) Or thou have a garden of date-palms and grapes, and cause rivers to gush forth therein abundantly; (91) Or thou cause the heaven to fall upon us piecemeal, as thou hast pretended, or bring Allah and the angels as a warrant; (92) Or thou have a house of gold; or thou ascend up into heaven, and even then we will put no faith in thine ascension till thou bring down for us a book that we can read. Say (O Muhammad): My Lord be glorified! Am I aught save a mortal messenger? (93)¨ (The Night Journey:90-91-92-93-94)

In Ash-shankiti's Interpretation : Allah cleared in these verses the degree of the disbelievers’ mulishness and obduracy, and that the abundance of their suggestions and their claimy requirences were to justify their mulishness and not to seek the truth. So He almighty mentioned that they said to never believe muhamed (PBUH) until he causes a spring to outpour from the earth in front of them or have a garden of date-palms and grapes, and cause rivers to gush there abundantly; Or to cause the heaven to fall upon them, in pieces, as he (PBUH) asserted , or bring Allah and the angels (face to face, before their very eyes, so they could see them) as a warrant, (and it’s just that what they have asked for in The Criterion:21: ¨Why are angels not sent down unto us and (Why) do we not see our Lord ?¨) .And they persued : if he’d have a house of gold, or if he had ascended to the heaven sky in front of us, and we won’t believe in his ascension untill he brings down, with him, a book for us to read . This great intransigence that Allah, the Almighty, stated about the disbelievers is indicated otherwhere in the Quran. And He almighty announced that even if the signs they had asked for occured they would never have believed because whoever is known in the everlasting knowledge of Allah as a disbeliever would always be a disbeliever. Like it’s said : ¨Had we sent down unto thee (Muhammad) (actual) writing upon parchment, so that they could feel it with their hands, those who disbelieve would have said: This is naught else than mere magic ¨ (The Cattle:07)

And also : ¨And though We should send down the angels unto them, and the dead should speak unto them, and We should gather against them all things in array, they would not believe unless Allah so willed¨ (The Cattle:111) .Or the verse : ¨ And even if We opened unto them a Gate of heaven and they kept mounting through it, (14) They would say: Our sight is wrong - nay, but we are folk bewitched¨ (The Rocky Tract:14-15) . And more : ¨and (so is) that which telleth you that if such came unto them they would not believe.¨ (The Cattle:109) .or also : ¨Lo! those for whom the word of thy Lord (concerning sinners) hath effect will not believe, (96) Though every token come unto them, till they see the painful doom¨(Jonah:96-97) .And the verses concerning that issue are numerous.

As for the saying ¨ a book that we can read ¨ that meant that they demanded a book for each one of them.
    God almighty clarifies that in another verse in (The One Enveloped:52) : ¨Nay, but everyone of them desireth that he should be given open pages¨ and also in The Cattle:124 : ¨And when a token cometh unto them, they say: We will not believe till we are given that which Allah's messengers are given¨
    After all that, the Quran says : ¨ Say (O Muhammad): My Lord be glorified! Am I aught save a mortal messenger?¨ transcendence to God and exalted be Him from all what doesn’t befit His mightiness contrarily of what you ( disbelievers ) said, because He almighty is all powerfull,and there is nothing in world that He, the ever–knower, the ever-determiner, can not do, and also that I am only a human who follows what God almighty reveals to me.

There are a lot of other verses in which the Quran says the same thing, like : ¨Say: I am only a mortal like you. My Lord inspireth in me that your God is only One God. And whoever hopeth for the meeting with his Lord, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord. (110)¨ (The Cave:110)

The same meaning is in (Explained in Detail:06) : ¨Say (unto them O Muhammad): I am only a mortal like you. It is inspired in me that your God is One God, therefore take the straight path unto Him and seek forgiveness of Him¨, and that is what all the messengers of God say in the verse : ¨ Their messengers said unto them: We are but mortals like you, but Allah giveth grace unto whom He will of His slaves¨ (Abraham:11), and so on verses continue to enforce this meaning .end quote
    As for the verse : ¨Naught hindereth Us from sending portents save that the folk of old denied them. And We gave Thamud the she-camel - a clear portent--but they did wrong in respect of her. We send not portents save to warn.¨ (The Night Journey:59). This should be understood as an answer for the verse : ¨ Let him bring us a portent even as those of old were sent¨. In Al-Shankiti's Interpretation : God the all-knowing explains in this verse that the dibelievers suggested the prophet (PBUH) to bring portents like the other messengers, like the she-camel of Salih(PBUH), the stick of moses(PBUH), the wind of Solomon (PBUH), and bringing the dead to life or healing the blind and the leper of Jesus(PBUH). ¨as those of old¨ those who were messengers of God ¨were sent¨ with portents, because sending messengers involves coming with bringing signs. And as we said God almighty showed that if the portents they suggested came they wouldn’t have believed and they would have continued in their blasphemy, that way, they would deserve punishment, like what happend to Salih’s folk when they killed the she-camel. God almighty said : ¨Naught hindereth Us from sending portents save that the folk of old denied them. And We gave Thamud the she-camel - a clear portent--but they did wrong in respect of her¨ (The Night Journey:59), ¨And they swear a solemn oath by Allah that if there come unto them a portent they will believe therein. Say; Portents are with Allah and (so is) that which telleth you that if such came unto them they would not believe.¨ (The Cattle:109) ; the other verse in The Prophets:06 alludes to the same :¨Not a township believed of those which We destroyed before them (though We sent them portents): would they then believe?¨ which means that the nations that required the miracles and for which their prophets replied, those nations did not believe, they even continued in their blasphemy so God almighty destroyed them, and you( people of Muhammad) are even more impenitent and more haughty, so if what you ask for comes to you, you would be destroyed like they have been destroyed. ¨Lo! those for whom the word of thy Lord (concerning sinners) hath effect will not believe, (96) Though every token come unto them, till they see the painful doom¨ (Jonah:96-97) ETC to what follows of verses proving the same point . Moreover,God almighty stated that they have got the mightiest portent, and whoever denies it deserves censure and blame as we see in the verse : ¨ And they say: Why are not portents sent down upon him from his Lord? Say: Portents are with Allah only, and I am but a plain warner. (50) Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them?¨ (The Spider:50-51) refering to the saying we already mentioned: ¨And they say: If only he would bring us a miracle from his Lord! Hath there not come unto them the proof of what is in the former scriptures?¨ (Ta-Ha:133)

Remark :

The disbelievers required logically impossible miracles, for example : ¨ Why doth not Allah speak unto us¨ (The Cow:118)
    God almighty answered them saying in The Cattle:109 ¨ Say; Portents are with Allah and (so is) that which telleth you that if such came unto them they would not believe¨ the same demands had been repeated in other occasions : ¨And they say: Why are not portents sent down upon him from his Lord?¨ and God almighty answered them :¨ Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them?¨ isn’t it enough to have the miracle of Quran so obviously among them ? Isn’t the Quran enough?
    In Al-Shankiti's Interpretation : And it’s (the portent) in this great Quran, the mightiest, the greatest, and the most defeating sign, moreover, it’s the evidence for the previous books’ veracity : ¨And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it, and a watcher over it.¨ Surah Al-Maeda 4 ; ¨Lo! this Qur'an narrateth unto the Children of Israel most of that concerning which they differ.¨ (The Ants:76) ; ¨Say: Produce the Torah and read it (unto us) if ye are truthful¨ (The Family of Imran:93). This is the meaning to which the verse refers in The Spider:50-51 :¨And they say: Why are not portents sent down upon him from his Lord? Say: Portents are with Allah only, and I am but a plain warner. (50) Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them? Lo! herein verily is mercy, and a reminder for folk who believe.¨ because the saying :¨ Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them¨ is the same meaning in Ta-Ha:133 : ¨there not come unto them the proof of what is in the former scriptures?¨ and to prove that even more there is the prophet's speech :¨There has never been a prophet who was not bestowed with a sign amongst the signs which were bestowed (on the earlier prophets). Human beings believed in it and verily I have been conferred upon revelation which Allah revealed to me. I hope that I will have the greatest following on the day of resurrection¨

Third :

Muhammad’s miracles came recurrently, numerous and almost uncountable, just like his prophecies, massive tomes had been written on the prophet’s miracles, like ¨Dalael Al-Nubuwwah (The Signs of Prophethood) ¨of Al-Bayhaqi, and Abounouaim, ¨Moajizat Al-Rassoul¨( The Miracles of the Prophet (PBUH)) of Ibn Kathir, most of which have a continuous transmission chain, and before I state some of these miracles, I would like to say that the miracles in the Bible DO NOT have a single continuous chain of transmission (for events that has made the topic of miracles) and all of them are told by only one person, which does not demonstrate the validity of what had been told, and until now we haven’t found any evidence proving for good that the events really took place, maybe Christians believe in them only because it had been evoked in the Bible, or the other books, and when a question is asked like :

1- What is the transmission chain of this books ?
    2- How do we make sure that everyting in these books is correct ?
    3- Who brough these books to us ?
    4- How do we prove that the disciple of Jesus (PBUH) is really the writer of the Gospel of Matthew, while we find that all of its content denies that Matthew the disciple is the real writer ? And is Luke a disciple of Jesus (PBUH) ?
    5- What is the whole name, and who is the father or the family of all the scribers of the Bible ?
    Now I’ll state some of the miracles of Muhammad (PBUH) that exceeded one thousand miracles, and most of which are historically true, including :
    1- The Quran (as we said).
    2- He (PBUH) had been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning.
    3- Inanimate things talking in his hands, and witnessing the validity of his prophethood (The Correct Muslim and The Correct Bukhari)
    4- The moon splitting for him (PBUH) (the Quran, The Correct Muslim and The Correct Bukhari)
    5- Healing a big number of ill people by praying for them or touching them.
    6- An old non-pregnant goat producing milk when the prophet (PBUH) touched its udder (Ahmad's Musnad).
    7- Water coming out from between his (PBUH) fingers (The Correct Muslim and The Correct Bukhari).
    8- The trunk that craved for him (PBUH) after leaving Makkah.
    Of course more than that is mentionned in valid sunnah books, and others of the life of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
    Concerning the prophecies and the true events that happened after his death, there are many examples of which we name the following :
    1- He (PBUH) told his followers of the conquest of Jerusalem, Yemen, Sham(Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan), Iraq, Egypt, Constantinople… and that was what happened.
    2- He (PBUH) told that safety will rule to the point that the traveller would walk from Sanaa to Hadramout (two distant places in Yemen known as dangerous to cross), without fearing none but the wolves attacking his sheep.
    3- He (PBUH) said that Khaibar will be conquested during the ruling of Ali.
    4- He (PBUH) said that the Muslims would share the treasurs of Persia and the Romans. Indeed they conquered what he predicted as we all know.
    5- He (PBUH) told that Ammar would get killed by the rebellious group (check The Correct Muslim and the Correct Bukhari)
    6- He (PBUH) predicted that Fatima, his daughter, would be first to die after him and so she did (after six moths of his death).
    7- He (PBUH) said that Al-Hussain, son of Ali, was a master who would reconcile between two Muslim groups who would be fighting each other.
    Muhammad (PBUH) also told the stories about the precedent nations : He told people about Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob…Saint Mary, Jesus, Moses, Madyan people, the Tubbaa people, Thamoud, Aad tribe, Pharaoah, Lout’s tribe…though the prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was illiterate and did not know how to read or write, and he also never came out of Makkah before the migration, and even never sailed in the ocean ; and what he told of the prophets was different from what the former books have told and didn’t match with them except from some similarities, so as to make nobody say : Muhammad (PBUH) took what he said from them..( we can always read the Quran to compare and make sure). God almighty said in Hud:49 : ¨This is of the tidings of the Unseen which We inspire in thee (Muhammad). Thou thyself knewest it not, nor did thy folk (know it) before this. Then have patience. Lo! the sequel is for those who ward off (evil).¨
    And at last I say : No prophet has ever came with a miracle unless Muhamed (PBUH) brings an equal or even a better one, for example Solomon (PBUH) rode the wind, Muhammad (PBUH) rode the Buraq and ascended to the skies, Jesus (PBUH) raised the dead, Muhammad (PBUH) brough a goat, that was slaughtered, flayed, cut into pieces,and cooked, he (PBUH) made it speak (check Al-Mujam Alkabir of Tabarani n°1189), Jesus (PBUH) healed the sick, so did Muhammad(PBUH) etc…
    And above all that, every miracle dies with the death of the prophet who brough it except for Muhammad’s (PBUH) everlasting sign (the Quran), which makes him very unique and different from all the other prophets.

FOUR TH:

Now a question is implied : if we assume that the Noble Quran denied any miracle for the prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and that he did not come with a sign, does that slander the prophethood of him (PBUH) ?
    THE ANSWER : NO, the Gospel of Matthew states about John the Baptist : ¨ for all hold John as a prophet¨ MATT 21/26 and in another verse :¨ A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. ¨ MATT11/9, and dispite that he never came with a single miracle, ¨And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.42 And many believed on him there.¨John 10/41-42
    The Gospel testifies that miracles are NOT a condition to acheive prophethood, they even may be brought by liars and pretenders like Jesus (PBUH) said : ¨For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect 25 ; Behold, I have told you before.¨ MAT 24/24-25
    Jesus christ in Doomsday acquitted himself of those false prophets : ¨Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. ¨MATT 7/21-22
    I wonder here…hasn’t Jesus (PBUH) himself been asked the same demands that the disbelievers asked Muhammad (PBUH)?

THE ANSWER : Yes he has, and Jesus (PBUH) did not reply for their requests : ¨ And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.¨MATT 8/11-12
    And when the scribers and the pharisees seeked a miracle he said to them : An evil and adulterous generation : ¨ But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: ¨ MATT 16/4
    In another chapter : ¨The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.02 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 03 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed. ¨ MATT 16
    Likewise when satan tempted Jesus christ (PBUH), Jesus didn’t make the miracle satan asked him happen: ¨And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Son of god. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. ¨ Matt 4/6-7
    And more astonishing than the suspicion they aroused about Muhammad (PBUH) is that these Gospels themselves say :
    1- Jesus (PBUH) made miracles happend only by the leave of the Father and not from himself : ¨I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. ¨ Jesus (PBUH) cannot do something by his own ; it’s only with the will of God, just like what the Quran says ¨and it was not (given) to any messenger that he should bring a portent save by Allah's leave¨ (The Thunder:38) For which the Bible says :¨ All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him¨ MATT 11/27
    2- Jesus (PBUH) raised the dead (for Lazarus) with the permission of God :¨ Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.¨ JHON 11/41-4
    We see clearly from the scriptures that son of Mary prayed God to raise a dead man, and lift his head up to thank God for accepting his prayer, and for enforcing him with miracles so as the present audience would believe that he is a messenger from God. That’s how people at that time understood the story, they didn’t say Jesus is a God : ¨Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.¨ JHON 06/14
    3- Peter said :¨ Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:¨ ACTS 2-22. That’s what Biblical scriptures agreed upon, and it reported that same meaning from Jesus (PBUH). All the times Jesus (PBUH) came with miracles, he stated they are from God only, and he never claimed them to his own, he said : ¨I cast out devils by the Spirit of God¨ MATT 12/28 , he also said :¨ I with the finger of God cast out devils¨ LUKE 11/20
    Even more surprisingly, the Gospel of Mark says : ¨And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.¨MARK 05. It even got to the point that some has questioned his prophethood because of the fewness of his miracles : ¨And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?¨ JHON 7/31
    CONCLUSION :
    What we can deduce is that Jesus (PBUH) was supported by God almighty with miracles, and that is our belief, he can not produce a miracle by himself because that is something only God can do and only God can permit for Jesus (PBUH), Muhammad (PBUH), and all the prophets peace be upon them all.
    Last edited by فداء الرسول; 08-04-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At
    12:48 AM

جزاكم الله خير

رد الشيخ حمزة يوسف على هذه الشبهة

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=56ZPJXgUXAE

من هو شيخ حمزة يوسف

الشيخ حمزة يوسف هانسن (ولد في 1958 باسم مارك هانسن في والا والا - واشنطن) داعية، باحث ومحاضر أمريكي في التاريخ في جامعة القرويين بفاس بالمغرب، مؤسس أكاديمية الزيتونة في الولايات المتحدة ولها فروع في 6 مدن أمريكية. كما أنه يدرس في معهد الزيتونة. يعتبر أحد أكبر الدارسين والدعاة المسلمين في أمريكا والعالم الغربي بشكل عام وله نشاط ملحوظ وشعبية كبيرة في الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية باعتباره رمزاً يربط الإسلام بالغرب. ترجم العديد من المؤلفات الإسلامية إلى اللغة الإنجليزية

Hamza Yusuf Hanson is an American Islamic scholar,[1][2] and (with Zaid Shakir and Hatem Bazian) is co-founder of Zaytuna College in Berkeley, California, United States. He is a convert to Islam, and is one of the signatories of A Common Word Between Us and You, an open letter by Islamic scholars to Christian leaders, calling for peace and understanding. He has described the 9/11 attacks as "an act of 'mass murder, pure and simple'". Condemning the attacks, he has also stated "Islam was hijacked ... on that plane as an innocent victim".[3] The Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom reported that he "is arguably the west's most influential Islamic scholar" and added that "many Muslims find his views hard to stomach.

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    Islam
    Last Activity
    17-05-2024
    At
    12:48 AM

Readers! In this paper I am not going to ascertain the miracles of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and how he performed them, as it was nicely done by our Muslim brothers already long before and on www.answering-christianity.com as well, rather I will defend the notion posed by Ali Sina that Prophet disclaimed being able to perform any miracles. I am also going to shed light on the perception that Miracle is not a test of Prophethood.

First of all it is very arduous to engender a proof of an unusual event or a miracle that had occurred in the past. The reason is that we cannot perform such miraculous acts at present time. We only find such claims in history and religious books and their respective believers do have faith in such kinds of parables. However, they cannot carry out those miracles in modern age in order to defend the claims. The only imperative thing for Ali Sina to discern is people practicing major religions have faith in miracles. Also he does not have any proof to show that miracles were not transpired in the past but just only to provide what his infinitesimal deformed mind deems and what science has to pronounce. I am posing him a counter question if he can endow with a proof where he can illustrate us that miracles were not happening in the past.

Secondly, miracle may not be an assessment if a person is authentic or not since they were performed by loads of people in many religions like Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam. Similarly, how can one verify a person, a genuine, if he is performing miracles? Therefore, miracle is not a test indeed for a person to be labeled as genuine. If it would be the case then David Blain and Chris Angel are the best candidates to be regarded as “Prophets” of present time. However, they are not.

We Muslims believe that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) performed many miracles. However, we do not boast about them since the only verification we can provide are from the Holy Scriptures upon which people like Ali Sina do not have reliance. The only living miracle we boast about is the Holy Quran which is from Allah. And indeed, Quran is not “ACCORDING TO” Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), likewise Bible. It is definitely a miracle of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him); however in the sense, that Allah has actually performed His miracle through Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

Christianity and Islam are the two major religions in the world and they both have their beliefs in miracles as they are undoubtedly mentioned in our Holy Books. And from some where in the dark, populace like Ali Sina roll up alongside and start disseminating in opposition to miracles. Isn’t it fooling enough that Ali Sina is negating something on “NO EVIDENCE” in hand. Let him produce the proof if he is authentic. Prove me miracles do not exist.

There are 25 prophets who are mentioned by name in the Quran. These include Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Zachariah, John the Baptist, Jesus, Elijah, Ishmael, Elisha, Jonas, Lot, Hud, Shuaib, Idris, Dhul Kifl, Salih, and the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon them all). Anyone familiar with Judeo-Christian tradition will recognize most of these prophets. And they also admit that not all of them were granted miracles; again proving the point that miracle is not a test to verify if the person is genuine or not.

Readers! If you read the stories of Prophets from the Quran and the Bible then you will discern that the miracles awarded to the Prophets were affixed to the field that people of their period were ingenious and experts in; however, they were limited to time and to their people only. Like for example; the era of Prophet Moses (May Allah be pleased with him) was an age of magic and spells. People used to carry out astounding magic tricks that could swindle the very intellect people. Likewise, Allah allotted Prophet Moses (May Allah be pleased with him) with the same equivalent and invariable miracle but a degree higher, i.e. the miracles of Prophet Moses (May Allah be pleased with him) were not “magic tricks” or “illusions”; whatever he performed, actually occurred in real. For example, his staff became snake in real; he parted the sea in real etc. These were not customary delusions like other ordinary magicians used to act in his time; however in fact, Allah transformed in realism for Prophet Moses (May Allah be pleased with him) which was also accredited by the people of his time.

Similarly, Prophet Jesus (May Allah be pleased with him) was born in a time when his people were excelled in medicine and healing. And Allah conferred him with astonishing healing powers as miracles where he could give life to the dead by the will of Allah. He healed born blind and lepers by Allah’s permission. These were undoubtedly wonderful miracles of Prophet Jesus (Peace be upon him) where Allah whatever had willed, He made it occurred through Prophet Jesus (May Allah be pleased with him).

All of these miracles of Prophets Moses & Jesus (May Allah be pleased with them) are in harmony with what Quran depicts. Therefore, at the outset Muslims do not necessitate some other authenticity to believe in miracles of Prophets, besides Quran and Hadith. Secondly, for atheists like Ali Sina who seem to be more biased towards Science; these “Holy Scriptures” are enough proof for them to believe in such incidents. There are uncountable instances that Science cannot even prove or disprove; like, The Theory of Evolution, Existence of God etc. Therefore, it is stupidity to prove miracles using science.

Our Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was born in the time when Arabs excelled in eloquence of literature, poetry and lexis. They were so swollen with pride of their lingo that they used to call non-Arabs as “ajami” عجمى meaning “dumb”; dumb in language, dumb in eloquence and dumb in intellect; likewise, Ali Sina and his disciples. Therefore, Allah bestowed upon Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) the Quran as a miracle, in an attire of an astounding marvel of literature, poetry and lexis. Quran is indeed a miracle of miracles. Subsequently, Allah sought keeping His words everlasting for the whole human kind and till perpetuity. As for the same reason he took the liability of safeguarding His words from being ruined and distorted. And He also knew in His Divine Wisdom that people like Ali Sina will crop up in the future having fraudulent intellects with lewd reckoning, therefore, His words can be presented to them as a miracle. However, also in His Marvelous Intelligence He was aware that some people will not accept the truth. For such people He already declared in His words:

“The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout Like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void to wisdom.” (Quran 2:171)

Miracles granted to other Prophets before Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) were only intended for that time only, and only for those people present at that time, as they were the only ones who witnessed such incidents and even there were no traces left behind for us to track as well. Therefore, it is a common sense that we Muslims are not able to verify such claims in present times by any means. Apart from this fact, we never boast or use such claims as evidence in our orations. It does not mean that we never speak of any miracles in our sermons; we do! However we only claim Holy Quran as a living miracle. This is the only miracle we have to present to people like Ali Sina.

All the windows are still open and Quran and Muslims have been restating the challenge again and again since 1400 years to non-Muslims to produce a “SOME WHAT SIMILAR” chapter like as of Quran. Therefore my counsel to Ali Sina is to cease yapping anti Quran with no EVIDENCE as usual, and should put all his and his disciples’ vigor in order to outdo the challenge of Quran by producing a somewhat similar chapter as like of it. Ali Sina asked for the proof of miracles; in response we are presenting him Holy Quran as our miracle. Let him and his disciples surpass it and Quran will be proven erroneous forever. It is as simple as that.

Readers! Besides writing filthy articles against Quran why doesn’t Ali Sina put all his and his disciples’ strength and time in this task and prove Quran flawed once and for all? Why is he wasting time in writing such lengthy articles against Islam? Why is he after branches when we Muslims are presenting him the root to cut? There are chapters in Quran consisting hardly three verses and he just has to produce a “SOMEWHAT SIMILAR” chapter likewise Quran, in this way he can easily trounce the Quranic challenge and Quran will be proven amiss once and for all. Why is he choosing a longer road when Quran is giving him a short-cut? In other words, Quran is giving all his ammo to its adversaries and, in turn, still challenging them that they cannot win the battle. Such a daring and brawny statement of Quran where it is challenging all mankind and then assuring that they will fail in accomplishing this task.

“And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (if there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.” (Quran 2:23)

“But if ye cannot – and of a surety ye cannot – then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones, - which is prepared for those who reject Faith.” (Quran 2:24)

This is indeed Allah speaking and these are definitely not the words of a man. How much easy could Quran ever made it for the people of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) to prove him wrong irreversibly, as they were connoisseurs in their lingo and where as our Prophet was an illiterate man. But they all failed miserably and Allah’s word remain. This fact of history will remain as a dark stain on non-Muslims forever who allege Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) as an author of the Quran. Allah in His Divine Wisdom made the last prophet as “ummi”, AN ILLETERATE. There is not a single book on the face of the Earth which provides such “EASY CHALLENGES” to the people in order to outdo their credence. It is only Quran that does so.

Regarding Sahih Bukhari Hadith Volume 5, Book 58, Number 208

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
    “The people of Mecca asked Allah’s Apostle to show them a miracle. So he showed them the moon split in two halves between which they saw the Hiram’ mountain”.

What dilemma Ali Sina has uncovered in this particular Hadith? Ooh! Splitting the moon in halves is not going down his throat. Alright, let’s analyze it in another way. Let us suppose that I believe in this very Hadith that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) did parted the Moon in two halves; but naturally in turn, Ali Sina laughs at this so-called “ridiculous” belief of mine and pleads for a proof. The only proof I can bequeath is Bukhari Hadith. However, he brushes-off this book as well by alleging it as a fabrication and concoction. Readers! You tell me now, what should I do then to convince Ali Sina. I cannot even use science in such a scenario as it is also very much bounded in itself and many a times it takes U-turns. In this case, I will definitely counter act upon him and ask him to provide his proof that this incident never happened in the past. If Ali Sina is asking for evidence from me, then the only evidence I am producing is the Book of Bukhari Hadith but he shorn off the idea of its being authentic. If he is not accepting Bukhari Hadith as a proof from me then I want Ali Sina to produce his evidences that such incident never happened in the past, as his proof. I want evidences and not twisted assumptions or crooked logics from him. I am sure that Ali Sina can never ever be able to produce single evidence; the same way we Muslims are not able to prove such incidents in present times. If he asks me my proof then I will present my Holy Scripture; and if he does not show willingness to this then he has to bring in his evidences to prove me flawed. No hypothesis or assumptions but only and only proofs in such scenarios.

Christians should keep themselves out in soliciting such notions of Quran or Hadith from Muslims; lest their “logical gun” backfires ;). And as for the atheists like Ali Sina, no logical elucidation will ever pierce into their diminutive wits and we will keep on beating around the bush eternally, therefore better rest this case in peace.

Readers! At first, such dialogues in regards to history are fruitless and useless where two parties arguing over an event which had occurred in the past. Where, the one who believes in it is not able to prove his documented facts and while, the one who does not have faith in it is not able to disprove it as well. Therefore, it will be like going around in circles forever.

Secondly, the only people who are eligible to inquire an elucidation from Muslims are “people of the book” Jews and Christians. Again such a dialogue will be a waste in the end with no conclusion at all; however, at least both the groups will be debating on some grounds of faith. Not like Ali Sina, “hiding himself behind a mask and calling every one else ugly”. This is idiocy and stupidity. No Book, No faith, No authorities, No intellectuals to back their twisted atheistic believes and it seems that he has taken a responsibility to entitle everyone else a waste. This is insanity and nothing at all.

Ali Sina said, “Of course when challenged by skeptics, Muhammad repeatedly denied being able to perform any miracle”. Afterwards he wrote again, “There are many verses in Quran that reaffirm this last Hadith, proving that Muhammad never performed any miracle and found it useless”. I want Ali Sina to show me a single verse from the Quran or Hadith where Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) avowed that he IS NOT ABLE to perform any miracles. If Ali Sina’s intellect is perverted and if he cannot comprehend Quran and Hadith, then it is not the dilemma with Holy Scriptures, on the contrary, it is his underhanded astuteness which is keep on deteriorating his brain in order to figure out the actual truth. There is not a single place in Quran and Hadith where Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) asserted that he is not capable to perform any miracles. I agree that he denied performing any miracles; however, he never said that he CANNOT perform any miracles.

Ali Sina said, “But Muhammad kept telling them that he is just an ordinary man not an angel, meaning people should not expect miracles from him!” Does it mean that Prophet Jesus and Moses (Peace be upon them) were angels as they were performing miracles. What kind of devious perception is this? From where did Ali Sina acquire this idea that angels perform miracles and human beings cannot? Stop drinking Ali Sina!

Afterwards, Ali Sina presented a verse from Quran:

“Then if they reject thee, so were rejected before thee, who came with Clear Signs, Books of dark prophecies, and the Book of Enlightenment.” (Quran 3:184)

Then he said, “In the following verse he clearly rejects miracles as the proof of prophethood comparing them to witchcrafts”. I am not aware how far can Ali Sina go in deceiving common people as he is keep on lying again and again. He is interpreting the Quranic verses according to his own awry measures without even a bit of endeavor in consulting an authority to ask the actual translation and its meaning. Where does this verse depict the notion that Prophet Muhammad compared miracles with witchcrafts? If he is pointing out the phrase “Books of dark prophecies” as witchcrafts, then again he portrayed himself an impostor. The Arabic word used for this particular phrase is “zuburi” زبرand if you scan through the whole Quran you will find following translations of Yusuf Ali for this particular word.

1. Books of dark prophecies. (Quran 3:184)
    2. Scriptures. (Quran 16:44)
    3. Mystic Books. (Quran 26:196)
    4. Books of dark prophecies, (Quran 35:25)
    5. Sacred Books. (Quran 54:43)
    6. Books (of Deeds). (Quran 54:52)

Readers! You tell me now where does this verse say that miracles are actually witch-crafts. This injudicious “PROFESSOR” of Arabic, Ali Sina, portrays himself as an expert in Arabic text by interpreting whatever he likes and whatever manner he chooses; rather he is not even an apprentice when it comes to understanding Holy Scriptures.

Readers! At least at one place Ali Sina was very right when he uttered, “Miracles may be a proof for those who witness them, but mean nothing to others. Muhammad was right in emphasizing that the real miracle is his message or the Quran”. Same decree fix to Ali Sina when he said that miracles may be a proof for those who witness them; similarly there are people like him who witness a living miracle Quran, but still go about paying no heed to it and it means nothing to them. What should you do regarding such people who still witness the miracle but deliberately overlook it? Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) in his excellent wisdom knew that miracles may not be an assessment because they were limited to time and to the people who witnessed them only. And this might be one of the reasons he declared Quran as his only living miracle that is to remain forever.

The Quran, in its stylishness and turn of phrase, was a trial to the Arabs who were known for their eloquence and command of the Arabic language. No man could ever produce one verse similar to that of the Quran.
    As for the Quraish who listened to the words of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and became his adversary and commenced preparing against him. While the factions of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) sought shelter in foreign lands against the harrying of their people, he continued his warnings to the Quraish more vigorously than ever. Again they came to him with offers of treasures and respect, which he resolutely and utterly rebuffed. But they mocked at him and urged him for miracles to prove his deputation. He used to answer, “Allah has not sent me to work wonders; He has sent me to preach to you.”

Thus disowning all supremacy of wonder working, the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) ever rested the truth of his divine mission upon his wise teachings. He addressed himself to the inner consciousness of man, to his common sense and to his own better judgment. “Say thou: “I am but a man like you: it is revealed to me by Inspiration, that your Allah is one Allah. So stand true to Him, and ask for His Forgiveness.” And woe to those who join gods with Allah. (Quran 41:6).

Despite all the exhortation of the Prophet, the Quraish persisted in asking him for a sign. They insisted that unless some sign are sent down to him from his Lord, they would not believe. The disbelievers used to ask, “Why has Muhammad not been sent with miracles like previous prophets?” The Prophet replied that because miracles had proved inadequate to convince. Prophet Noah (May Allah be pleased with him) sent with signs, and with what effect? Where was the lost tribe of Thamud? They had refused to receive the preaching of the Prophet Salih, unless he showed them a sign and caused the rock to bring forth a living camel. He did what they asked. In scorn they cut the camel’s feet and then daring the prophet to fulfill his threats of judgment, were found dead in their beds the next morning, stricken by the angel of the Lord.

There are some seventeen places in the Quran, in which the Prophet Muhammad is challenged to work a sign, and he answered them all to the same or similar effect as only Allah has the power of working wonders, and has not been believed; there were greater miracles in nature than any which could be wrought outside of it; and the Quran itself was a great, everlasting miracle. The Quran, the Prophet used to assert to the disbelievers, is a book of blessings which is a reminder of what is imprinted on human nature and is free from ever discrepancy and from error and falsehood. It is a book of true guidance and a light to all.

Similar kind of answer was given by Prophet Jesus (May Allah be pleased with him) where Jews asked him to show them a miracle but he refused so.

“Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you.” (Mathew 12:38)

“He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! (Mathew 12:39)

People like Ali Sina will consider this as a contradiction of Bible and Quran where Prophets refused to perform miracles; and in other places we find claims of performing astounding miracles by Prophets. This is not a contradiction; there were instances in Holy Books where people did not accept the message of the Prophets after even presenting them with a miracle. So what is the use of using such supernatural powers when it is not even convincible to the people?

The physical miracles, on the other hand, were the supernatural acts which were performed by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) in such a way that nothing of their type had been performed before by any of the preceding messengers.

Former religions were revealed to particular people, and they were liable to be superseded by other faiths. Miracles performed at that time were all physical and timely. They left no trace behind; they were something of old that were narrated later; and they are prone to falsification.

The physical miracles of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) were performed on particular occasions, and all of them were supportive of his Mission, aimed at giving calm and comfort to the souls of the believers. They were not basically meant to prove or confirm the Prophet Muhammad’s (Peace be upon him) Message, and because of this, these miracles had never been used as a challenge to his adversaries. His only challenge was in asking them to produce such a verse that might resemble in style and phraseology any of the Quran.

Therefore, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) denied the fact that wonder working can transform nations and can bring in cohorts and similarly Prophet Jesus (May Allah be pleased with him) denied the same fact. There are some Hadiths which clearly state the physical miracles of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him); however, I have never seen any religious scholar boasting about them to his congregation. We do speak about them but not in the sense as we regard Quran as the highest of highest living miracle. Miracle is not a test whether a person is genuine or not; however, claiming that Prophet Muhammad did not perform any miracles is iniquitous. We have some Hadiths clearly mentioning Prophet’s miracles; however we do not brag about them because we cannot prove them. The only living miracle we Muslims have to swank; is Holy Quran.

Miracle lies in the words of Quran and in the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) by which nations of nations were transformed. Alcohol was drained on the streets of Medina never to be filled again on just only one verse of Quran from our Prophet’s blessed mouth. This is what I call a miracle. It’s an astounding miracle where you change the intellects of populace and their hard-coded appalling customs to true path in moments, and, they were just only words that brought about such a magnitude of cohorts. Such miracles never happened in any of the religions on the face of the Earth which kept their ever-lasting effects. Look at the Jesus of Bible; not a single person comprehended his message during his life time. Even his disciples forsook him in his last hours when he required them the most. Despite the fact he performed outstanding miracles; no one had faith in him till his last time. On the other hand, only one verse of Holy Quran from our Prophet’s (Peace be upon him) blessed mouth ordering full abstinence of alcohol had an everlasting and hard-coded effect on Muslims. This is how you identify a miracle. Furthermore, Pork/Pig/Swine total abstinence is ordained on Muslims and look at the outcome; till now Muslims do not consume this unclean and filthy animal. Same abstinence is also referenced in the Bible, although, it has no effect on Christians till now. This is what actually happens when people write books with their hands and then link them to God.

“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.” (Leviticus 11:7)

Ali Sina said, “Quran is no miracle at all. It is a book full of errors and inconsistencies”. Is he blabbering about the same inconsistencies that he presented in his article “World’s Greatest Showman” (http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/...ellintro.htm)? I have already thrown all of his so-called false claims, lies against Quran and inconsistencies in a gutter by replying to his article “World’s Greatest Jester” (http://www.answering-christianity.co...d/ali_sina.htm). In this article I have PROVED Ali Sina as charlatan, hypocrite and fraud who on one hand is hiding his “true-self” from his own family and on the other hand preaching “truth” to humanity. In my article “World’s Greatest Jester” I have provided facts, evidences and proofs in bringing down this dupe Ali Sina; despite, he did not provide any logical explanation and proofs.

Ali Sina said, “Today’s modern Muslims, especially those whose standard of ethics is colored by western/humanistic percepts of right and wrong try to distance themselves from those hadithes that depict Muhammad as ruthless immoral and unethical gangster”. Readers! Again no evidence was afforded by him. I want to ask Ali Sina that how much these “Modern & Colored” Muslims are aware of their religion. How much have they strived and do research in knowing their own religion? Ali Sina also falls in the same category where these “Modern & Colored” Muslims with their dumb-witted intellect never accepts the true meaning of Holy Scriptures rather they only concentrate on the surface. These people lack the knowledge of Holy Scriptures, their eloquence and exquisiteness of lexis and how they should be inferred.

As regards to errors of Quran and I am assuming he is saying concerning grammatical errors and in his polluted vision the Quranic Arabic is not by any standards finest of all. I want to ask him regarding his yardstick? What is he using as his benchmark? What are his standards? On what scale he is concluding Quran to be not the best of Arabic Literature. Does he have any other High-Rank Arabic Literature available from where he can judge Quran’s Arabic? If he produces such a book then he will be able to trounce the challenge of Quran where it inquires for a somewhat similar chapter like it’s. It is lunacy to test anything without even having any standards to judge from. I can only expect such kind of inanity from Ali Sina. If he is using science as his ultimate authority then it is useless as science is indeed bounded in itself. Because of some imprudent non-Arab non-Muslims allegedly found some grammatical mistakes in Quran, he is pronouncing that Quran does not have the best of Arabic Literature. That’s mere idiocy again from Ali Sina.

There are many other items of “great” interest in his article “Did Muhammad Perform any Miracles?”, but this is again his sickness of going out of track and I am not going to speak about them in this paper as they are not in the area of discussion right now.

As alleged by Ali Sina and by several other non-Muslims that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the author of Quran (which is indeed not truthful); we Muslims still see him as a superior human being for many reasons in regards to performing miracles. I am posting here some points which I regard as Living Miracles, which are acclaimed in present times as well. If non-Muslims still allege that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was the author of Quran (allegedly); then these points are definitely a slap on their faces.

1. Bible was inscribed by 40 authors and Quran was written by only one person (allegedly). 40 against 1; and he transformed such a magnitude of cohorts and still increasing. It is indeed a miracle.
    2. 40 Authors of “Highest Eminence” backed by 50 “Co-operating Denominations” recorded and embossed Bible as a “word of God” and still there are loads of inconsistencies in it. Against an ILLETERATE man who (allegedly) “produced” a book without a single error. Again a miracle.
    3. Fundamental message of the Bible concerning core concept of God changed (from oneness of God to Triune gods); whereas, it remained invariable throughout in the Quran. Miracle again.
    4. 1500 years of writing to produce Bible with full of errors. Against 23 years of writing (allegedly) to produce Quran error-free. Astounding miracle once again.
    5. No one is able to produce a likewise chapter of Quran and no one can achieve it till eternity for sure. Miracle of Miracles.
    6. Alcohol was emptied on the streets of Medina never to be filled again on just only one verse of Quran from our Prophet’s (Peace be upon him) blessed mouth. Again an ever-lasting effect of Quranic verse. Miracle again.
    7. Flesh of swine is prohibited in the Bible; however, Christians are still consuming it more than any other meat available. Total abstinence is also mentioned in the Quran and Muslims are still adhering to the orders. See the difference in effects of both commandments. Miracle once again.
    8. Islam is the fastest growing religion on the face of the Earth. Again a living miracle. (http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/14/egypt.islam/) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4188287.stm)

تحمَّلتُ وحديَ مـا لا أُطيـقْ من الإغترابِ وهَـمِّ الطريـقْ
    اللهم اني اسالك في هذه الساعة ان كانت جوليان في سرور فزدها في سرورها ومن نعيمك عليها . وان كانت جوليان في عذاب فنجها من عذابك وانت الغني الحميد برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    10-05-2023
    At
    06:50 PM

Does the Quran Say That Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) Did Not Perform Any Miracles?
    By
    Bassam Zawadi
    Christian missionaries try arguing that the Qur'an teaches that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not perform any miracles.
    They would not be disproving the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him) this way since Christians themselves believe that John the Baptist was a Prophet who performed no miracles (John 10:41). So because it's possible to be a Prophet and not perform miracles according to the Bible, then the only thing that Christians are challenging is the authentic hadith which state that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did perform miracles.
    Hesham Azmy in his article has proven that the Quran says that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did perform miracles and that when the Prophet (peace be upon him) did perform miracles the Quraysh would then just claim that it was magic. Also read Brother Sami Zaatari's article regarding this issue here.
    However, I noticed that brother Azmy did not deal directly with some of the verses that the missionaries put forth.
    Missionaries have presented 11 verses from the Quran to try and show that the Quran says that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) never performed a miracle.
    I will be addressing them one by one to see if this claim is true or not.
    Verse # 1
    Surah 2:118
    And they that know not say, 'Why does God not speak to us? Why does a sign (ayatun) not come to us?' So spoke those before them as these men say; their hearts are much alike. Yet We have made clear the signs (bayyanna al-ayati) unto a people who are sure.
    Notice what the verse is saying...
    And they that know not say, 'Why does God not speak to us? Why does a sign (ayatun) not come to us?' So spoke those before them as these men say; their hearts are much alike. Yet We have made clear the signs (bayyanna al-ayati) unto a people who are sure.
    The verse is saying that the disbelievers just as the disbelievers before them have said that no sign has come to them. It does not show that the Qur'an itself is saying this.
    This verse does not show that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not perform miracles. This verse was sent down in Madinah and the majority opinion was that this was referring to the Jews and Christians. This was especially referring to the Jews who told Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to have God talk to them. When they said this, God revealed this verse. (See Tabari's commentary here) This happened after Mecca when the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have performed the miracle of splitting the moon in front of the pagan Arabs.
    Other opinions state that it was the disbelievers of Mecca that were being referred to. However, this is irrelevant. For this verse does not show that the Qur'an states that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not perform miracles, but it shows that the disbelievers accused the Prophet (peace be upon him) of not performing miracles and there is a big difference between the two.
    Verse # 2
    Surah 2:145
    Yet if thou shouldst bring to those that have been given the Book every sign (ayatun), they will not follow thy direction; thou art not a follower of their direction, neither are they followers of one another's direction. If thou followest their caprices, after the knowledge that has come to thee, then thou wilt surely be among the evildoers.
    Again this does not deny that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) performed miracles. God is simply telling the Prophet (peace be upon him) that if he came with every kind of proof and an unlimited number of miracles then they still would not believe in him. (Tafsir of Ibn Kathir, Source) The verse does not show that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not perform any miracles.
    Verse # 3
    Surah 6:37
    They also say, 'Why has no sign (ayatun) been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'Surely God is able to send down a sign (ayatan), but most of them know not.'
    Again, notice the verse...
    They also say, 'Why has no sign (ayatun) been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'Surely God is able to send down a sign (ayatan), but most of them know not.'
    The Qur'an is quoting what the disbelievers are saying. It is not the Qur'an itself that is saying that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not perform miracles.
    The sign that they are saying that has not been sent down to them are from the signs that they are specifically asking for like the ones they demanded in Surah 17:90-93. However, God is saying that he could send them down if he wished but 'they know not'. 'They know not' means that they don't know what trial and infliction they will go through if God did indeed send down the signs they are asking for and rejected them. (Tafsir of Jalalyn, Source)
    So the verse does not deny that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) ever showed them signs. The verse only says that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not show the signs that they specifically asked for. This was just like how the people of Thamud asked Prophet Salih (peace be upon him) to have God make a she-camel to come out of the mountain (Surah 17:59) or like how the disciples asked Jesus (peace be upon him) to have God send them down a table from heaven (Surah 5:112) and God warned that if anyone of them ever disbelieved after He sent down the sign then He would punish them worse than anyone (Surah 5:115).
    So the verse is basically saying that they don't know the consequences of what they are getting themselves into for asking for such specific signs. (Tafsir of Jalalyn, Source)
    Verse # 4
    Surah 6:109
    They have sworn by God the most earnest oaths if a sign (ayatun) comes to them they will believe in it. Say: 'Signs (al-ayatu) are only with God.' What will make you realize that, when it comes, they will not believe?
    This is the same thing as the previous verse. They are asking for specific signs. (Tafsir of Jalalyn, Source) This does not deny the fact that the Prophet (peace be upon him) performed miracles. One reason we see that God is not sending down the signs they are requesting is because due to His omniscience, He knows that they won't believe just like how the previous generations never believed and out of His mercy, He doesn't want to punish them for rejecting His signs.
    Verse #s 5, 6 and 7
    Surah 10:20
    They say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'The Unseen belongs only to God. Then watch and wait; I shall be with you watching and waiting.'
    Surah 13:7
    The unbelievers say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Thou art ONLY a warner, and a guide to every people.
    Surah 13:27
    The unbelievers say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'God leads astray whomsoever He will, and He guides to Him all who are penitent.'
    Again, notice that the verses above state that this is what the disbelievers are saying and not the Qur'an itself.
    Three possible explanations....
    One is that they keep demanding the signs that they were specifically asking for. (Tafsir of Qurtubi, Source) They would demand signs like turning Safa into gold, making the mountains surrounding Mecca disappear and in its place put rivers and gardens etc. (Tafsir of Ibn Kathir, Source)
    Secondly, just because the disbelievers keep asking for a sign that does not mean that a sign has never been sent down to them. Disbelievers will keep asking for a sign and they will never believe, just like I mentioned when explaining Verse #2.
    Thirdly, even if the sign is given to them they want to persist and be stubborn and ask for a miracle that they specifically want.
    Here is a good example for Christians from the Gospel of Mark 8:11-12...
    Mark 8:11-13
    11The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. 12He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it."
    Here is the commentary.....
    1. (11-12) They ask for a sign from heaven a. They are not looking simply for an earthly miracle, but a dramatic sign from the sky; for something like Elijah's fire from heaven
    i. Tested should be tempted
    ii. This unbelief caused Jesus pain
    b. Jesus refuses, because His miracles are not for the sake of convincing hardened unbelievers, but they show the power of God in the context of mercy (David Guzik, Study Guide for Mark Chapter 8, Source)
    They would still persist in asking Jesus for a miracle even after he performed several miracles such as raising the dead back to life, curing the blind etc.
    Read this article to see the Biblical difficulties regarding whether Jesus performed miracles or not.
    Verse # 8
    Surah 17:59
    Naught prevented Us from sending the signs (bial-ayati) but that the ancients cried lies to them; and We brought Thamud the She-camel visible, but they did her wrong. And We do not send the signs, except to frighten.
    Again, this is referring to sending the signs that the Quraysh specifically asked for just like how Thamud specifically asked for the she camel. (Tafsir of Qurtubi, Source) God did not send it down to them as a mercy because God knows that if He sent down the signs they asked for they would still disbelieve. If God sent it down to them and they still disbelieved then He would be obliged to destroy them in order to fulfill His promise. It was for their own good.
    Further proof that this is referring to specific miracles is when God mentions in the verse the example of Thamud and the she camel because the people of Thamud specifically asked for this miracle to be given to them. Read the story of Prophet Salih (peace be upon him) here.
    Again the verse does not state that no signs have ever been sent down.
    Verse # 9
    Surah 17:90-93
    They say, 'We will not believe thee till thou makest a spring to gush forth from the earth for us, or till thou possessest a garden of plants and vines, and thou makest rivers to gush forth abundantly all amongst it, or till thou makest heaven to fall, as thou assertest, on us in fragments, or thou bringest God and the angels as a surety, or till thou possessest a house of gold ornament, or till thou goest up into heaven; and we will not believe thy going up till thou bringest down on us a book that we may read. Say: 'Glory be to my Lord. Am I aught BUT A MORTAL, a Messenger?'
    They asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) to do all this and the Prophet (peace be upon him) is simply telling them that he is only a human being just like them. He couldn't perform these things and his only task was to deliver the message of God to them. Only God can do these things and not the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself (Tafsir of Tabari, Source)
    How does this verse show that the Quran says that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not do any miracles? Yes, it shows that the Prophet (peace be upon him) could not do miracles on his own and only by the permission of God. But where does it show that the did not do any miracles at all?
    Plus this verse furthermore supports what I have been previously saying and that is that the disbelievers were asking for specific miracles to be shown to them.
    Verse # 10
    Surah 28:48
    Yet when the truth came to them 'from Ourselves, they said, 'Why has he not been given the like' of that Moses was given?' But they, did they not disbelieve also in what Moses was given aforetime? They said, 'A pair of sorceries mutually supporting each other.' They said, 'We disbelieve both.'
    Again they are demanding specific signs. They are demanding signs similar to Moses's such as the locusts, the stick turning into a snake miracle, the white hand miracle, the parting of the sea etc. (Tafsir of Ibn Kathir, Source)
    Verse # 11
    Surah 29:48-51
    Not before this didst thou recite any Book, or inscribe it with thy right hand, for then those who follow falsehood would have doubted. Nay; rather it is signs, clear signs (ayatun bayyinatun) IN THE BREASTS of those who have been given knowledge; and none denies Our signs but the evildoers. They say, 'Why have signs (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'The signs (al-ayatu) are only with God, and I am only a plain warner.' What, is it not SUFFICIENT for them that We have sent down upon thee the Book that is recited to them? Surely in that is a mercy, and a reminder to a people who believe.
    Certain Christian missionaries are trying to use this verse to show that Allah is saying that the Quran is a sufficient enough sign, thus no other sign should be sent down by Him because if God did send down a sign, then it would contradict this verse. However, we have to understand that indeed the Quran is sufficient enough a sign for any objective truth seeker. However, the Quraysh were too stubborn to seek the truth and that is why God sent down other signs. For example, a teacher may explain something very clearly to a classroom of students, however the students still do not understand and therefore the teacher had to spend extra time teaching these students. Now just because the students didn't initially understand what the teacher was saying does not necessarily imply that the teacher did not teach properly or that what he said in the beginning wasn't enough. Similarly, just because the Quran was not enough to convince the Quraysh does not mean that the Quran itself is not sufficient enough to be a sign.
    Again the sign of the moon splitting was shown to them but they just called it magic. (Tafsir of Ibn Kathir, Source) To them, these were not signs. It was just magic.
    As for verse 51, well this is talking about a different situation and is not referring to the same people in verse 50.
    Verse 51 was sent down because there were a group of people from the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) who copied some things from the books of the Jews and then used to read it. Then verse 51 came down rebuking them and saying that the Quran is enough for their salvation. Even the Prophet (peace be upon him) said that if Moses were alive today then he would follow him. (Tafsir of Tabari, Source) and (Tafsir of Qurtubi, Source)
    Some may say that for us to argue that verse 51 is talking about a different group of people than the ones in verse 50 is desperate. However, I don't think so. Notice that the evil doers say "Why have signs (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?" The response to them is 'The signs (al-ayatu) are only with God, and I am only a plain warner." So the response to the evil doers ends right there. Then verse 51 is talking about a different group of people. There are no desperate interpretations going on here.
    Conclusion
    The Quran needs to be read as a whole and in context and the contexts of the verses need to be known as well. By connecting all the dots together and reading the verses all together and with understanding we see that the Quran does indeed confirm that the glorious Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did perform miracles, however in the eyes of the disbelievers this was nothing more than magic and they still kept on demanding specific signs. Just because they did not receive the specific signs that they asked for does not mean that no signs were showed to them at all.
    Recommended Reading
    Read Dr. Mohar Ali's detailed response in his book The Biography of the Prophet and the Orientalists, pp.627-644
    أين الذين هم الرجال إذا دعوا هبوا وإن دوى النفير أغاروا
    يا مسلمون ومن سواكم للحمى إن كشرت عن نابها الأخطار
    الله أكبر في الحياة نشيدنا نور على درب الكفاح ونار

هشيم is offline مشرف الأقسام غير العربية
    Religion
    الإسلام
    Last Activity
    26-09-2014
    At
    04:41 PM

Allah bless you..
    May Allah award you benevolence

The Quran needs to be read as a whole and in context and the contexts of the verses need to be known as well.

but they do not dot his and real all , they take what they want and deprive it from its meaning and full context...
    there is answer for all their suspicions and doubts but they donot want to discover it and turn blind eyes on it..
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    قل هو الله احد * الله الصمد * لم يلد و لم يولد * و لم يكن له كفوا احد
    Dis : " Lui, Dieu, est Un ! * Dieu est le Soutien universel ! * Il n'engendre pas et Il n'est pas engendré, * et Il n'a pas d'égal. "

Thread Information